Structural Fiberglass FRP Sheet
Fiber Reinforced Plastics or Fiber Reinforced Panels (FRP) are plastics that have fiber such as glass, carbon, aramid, or basalt used as reinforcements in either two or three dimensions. ePlastics® sells fiberglass reinforced panels (using glass reinforcement) in many different forms, including the sheets that are displayed on this page. Some of the properties of our fiberglass reinforced plastic sheets are listed here:
- Flat sheet thicknesses range from 1/8" up to 3/4" stocked in 3 resin series (standard UV, FR/UV, and vinylester). Typical stock lengths of 48" x 96". Special stock lengths include 48" x 144".
- Fiberglass pultruded composite flat sheet offers the same physical appearance as our line of profile frp products.
- High strength to weight ratio
- Electrically non conductive
- Dimensional stability
- Low radar signature
- Inexpensive life cycle cost that requires little or no maintenance
Pultruded Fiberglass Composites are offered in three series designed for different environments and applications:
500 Standard Grade STANDARD NON FIRE RETARDANT POLYESTER A general-purpose isophthalic polyester resin system with a UV inhibitor, offering good corrosion resistance.
525 FR/UV Grade FIRE RETARDANT POLYESTER A general-purpose fire-retardant isophthalic resin system with a UV inhibitor, offering good corrosion resistance.
625 VE Grade VINYLESTER FIRE RETARDANT A premium vinylester resin system with a UV inhibitor. It’s fire retardant and highly corrosion resistant.
APPLICATION: WEIR PLATES & SCUM BAFFLES
- Material: Weir, baffles and other related products from Bedford Reinforced Plastics are produced from the pultrusion method using polyester resin with fiberglass reinforcement and machined by CNC.
- Configurations: We offer a variety of weir configurations including V-notched, effluent, rectangular, and sharp-crested weirs, made to your specifications. Weir joint and weir washers can be supplied with your weirs. Weir and baffle plates are 1/4" thick, ranging in widths from 6" to 48" and lengths up to 20'. The standard color is olive green. Other thicknesses and colors are available.
- Benefits: Long service life, virtually maintenance free, high corrosion resistance, and lower cost than stainless steel.
- Accessories Available: Baffle Joint (Splice) Plates, Weir Joint (Splice) Plates, Molded and Pultruded Baffle Brackets, and Washers
APPLICATION: ELECTRICAL / ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS / TELECOM / STEALTH CONCEALMENT / RF TRANSPARENT
- Compared to traditional building materials such as steel, aluminum, and wood, fiber reinforced plastic offers greater advantages due to its non-conductive, lightweight, and corrosion resistant properties. Applications range from a complete line of cable tray and cable tray components, ladder rails, transit installations, electrical enclosure units, communication tower component parts, cross arms for new or existing utility poles, as well as many shapes to the telecommunication industry where RF transparency is necessary.
APPLICATION: MARINE FRONT / OFF SHORE
- Being corrosion resistant, FRP profiles are ideal for waterfront and offshore applications. Non-leaching characteristics (no harmful preservatives added as found in wood) allow for our structural FRP to be subjected to a wet environment and out perform traditional building materials. Wood rots and is susceptible to various types of marine woodborers. Steel will rust, and when the pH level of the water is either too low or too high, aluminum will deteriorate.
- Additional benefits recognized by the off shore market are the fire retardant and non-conductivity properties our products offer. In an environment where fire or spark is the main threat, many companies have focused their attention to creating a safer work environment for their employees as well as protecting their investment of each off shore drilling rig.
- When the United States Military identified deteriorated, warped, and often splintered troop seats in the back of their 2 1/2 ton troop transport vehicles, they turned to the only practical alternative.
- The lightweight composite material allows the military to enhance their overall payload capacity with additional troops, weapons, and supplies.