PVC TYPE 1 SHEETS
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is one of the most versatile thermoplastics being used today. It is used extensively in all industries from food packaging, to home construction. Its excellent strength-to-weight ratio and superior flame resistance, coupled with its low cost, make it the material of choice for the most demanding applications.
PVC or “vinyl” is an amorphous thermoplastic material with excellent chemical resistance and dielectric properties, good tensile, flexural and mechanical strength, low moisture absorption, exceptional dimensional stability and good flammability characteristics.
The maximum service temperature for PVC is 140°F (60°C). The physical properties of PVC can be readily altered by the addition of plasticizers, impact modifiers and other ingredients to develop and enhance specific properties.
Type I rigid PVC is a high corrosion resistant material with normal impact properties and is used where chemical attack is the major concern.
Type II is an impact modified formula, which increases the ability of the material to withstand shock or impact, but will have lower chemical resistance relative to Type I. Physical properties of rigid PVC generally conform to ASTM-D-1784 (ISO 1163).
PVC FOAM BOARD
Our Celtec® is a versatile expanded PVC used for POP, signage, and non-load-bearing wood replacement for interior and exterior applications.
- Unlike some other leading brands - Celtec is lead and heavy metal free.
- Superior UV package for extended outdoor life (white)
- Good screw and staple retention
- Optimal density for stiffness and durability.
- Satin finish with the smallest and most consistent cell structure makes it ideal to paint or laminate to secondary substrates.
- Very fine microcellular structure - makes edge finishing easier
- No voids in thickness - ideal for situations requiring routing
- All material produced in the US - only US produced 25mm and 30mm extruded free foam
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Sheets are oversized by a minimum of ¼" in length and width for improved yields
- Meets UL94 5V, UL 1975 and has a flame spread of 20 according to ASTM E84.
- Closed cell structure and has extremely low water absorption values.
- Great insulating characteristics.
- USDA compliant for incidental food contact.