Plexiglass Sheets in Clear
Our online store offers a wide variety of clear plexiglass acrylic sheets in all standard increments. We stock up to 4" thick sheets to handle most applications, and can special order thicker sheets when you need them.
Our extruded acrylic sheets
are more impact resistant and half the weight of glass, making them ideal for household remodeling/renovations & protecting expensive surfaces. They also meet the requirements of ANSI Z97.1 for use as a safety glazing material, which ANSI defines as, “Glazing materials designed to promote safety and to reduce or minimize the likelihood of cutting and piercing injuries when the glazing materials are broken by human contact.”
ePlastics sells the highest quality thick plastic sheet on the market. With sheets ranging over 4” thick, we are able to get your order completed in a quality and timely manner. We also offer custom fabrication for any of the sheet we sell, including our thick clear acrylic and polycarbonate selection.
Our cast acrylic
sheets meet the requirements of the following building codes for use as a light transmitting plastic:
- NES (See National Evaluation Services, Inc., Report # NER-582)
- ICBO (See ICBO Evaluation Services, Inc., Evaluation Report #3715-CC2 Classification)
- BOCA and SBCCI (Accept National Evaluation Services, Inc., Report # NER-582)
We cut to size all acrylic sheets we sell, which saves on shipping costs since it offers a more economical means of packaging. If you have any questions on how to order, see this page
. Thickness tolerances are +/- 10% on acrylic sheets 0.100" (2.5mm) and thicker with variations throughout the sheet. Normally we see variations less than 5%. Thinner materials have a wider thickness tolerance. 0.060" (1.5mm) sheets have a thickness tolerance of +/- 15%, while 0.040" (1mm) sheets and thinner have a thickness tolerance of +/- 35%.
Sheets sizes can vary from the manufacturer and some are cut from larger sheets. Because of this, the sheet dimensions that are delivered are nominal and might be +/- saw cut.
|1/8" = .118" = 3mm||3/8" = .354" = 9mm||1" = .944" = 24mm|| |
|3/16" = .177" = 4.5mm||1/2" = .472" = 12mm || |
|1/4" = .236" = 6mm||3/4" = .708" = 18mm|| |
Call 1-800-474-3688 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions before placing your order.
General plexiglass clarification:
- Plexiglas® is a registered brand name
- Plexiglass is a commonly used name to describe acrylic, that originates from the brand name Plexiglas®, similar to the way that Kleenex® (a brand name) is often used generically to describe a facial tissue
- Plexiglass is a type of acrylic and you will often find the two words (plexiglass and acrylic) to be interchangable
- The scientific name for plexiglass is Poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA) and it is most often used as a shatter-resistent or lightweight alternative for glass
- Plexiglass is one of the most common plastics on the market today
- You can get plexiglass in many different colors, shades, finishes, and sizes (see more here)