Green Ideas at Home and WorkGreen Ideas for Home, Work, and Office.
OK - we bet you have heard most of these - so get on the stick and DO IT if you haven't - and pass the word along to those who need to. Global Warming is a fact. We CAN do something about it. Everybody can change and it all adds up.
1. Recycle all Office Paper - setup special containers (or contract with a local paper recycler) to process all that non-confidential paper and junk mail.
2. Check with your local Utility - they may have a program to replace the old fluorescent lights and ballasts with newer technology and lamps - FREE. Lowers your electric bill.
3. Replace incandescent lights with Compact Fluorescent Bulbs - 75 watts reduced to 19 watts!
4. Lower/Raise thermostats. Just 1 degree lowered in the winter or raised in the summer makes a difference. Open a window, wear a sweater.
5. Use a clothesline or drying rack - not the dryer.
6. Replace that old fridge. Biggest user of energy in a house. Your Utility has a rebate program (and may have one for washer/dryer upgrades too).
7. Drive slower. You probably can't replace the car, but you can reduce your consumption. Turn up the tunes, not the RPM's. You'll get there much more relaxed.
8. Turn down the water heater just a pinch or more. Put a jacket on it for even more savings. Take a shorter shower.
9. Recycled plastics are being used in clothing - check it out.
Have more helpful hints? Send them to us at Info@RidoutPlastics