Polycarbonate Sheets in ClearePlastics® carries clear and virtually unbreakable Lexan®, Makrolon® & Palram® polycarbonate sheets & panels.
We are an authorized distributor for Makrolon®
We can cut your polycarbonate sheets to the exact sizes you need or ship in whole and in bulk. We stock most polycarbonate material in standard sheet sizes 48" X 96", 60" X 96", 72" X 96", 48" X 120", roll stock and more.
* Lexan® 9034 is equivalent to Makrolon® GP.
* Lexan® 112 is equivalent to Makrolon® GP.Architectural Applications
There are many applications where the benefits of polycarbonate sheet can be utilized to enhance architectural designs. It is suitable for both internal and external glazing applications. Available options include various transparent and translucent colors, and decorative finishes, and it can be shaped using various techniques. These features, along with its high impact strength, make polycarbonate an excellent choice for security as ballistic applications (our Hygard
) where enhanced building designand protection of assets is a primary concern. Our team of technical experts is ready to assist you with all your project needs. Features:
Regulatory Code Compliance and Certifications:
- Makrolon® polycarbonate sheet is half the weight & 200 times stronger than glass and 30 times stronger than acrylic.
- Polycarbonate has superior thermal properties to reduce sound transmittance, especially in minimizing heat loss.
- The Poisson's ratio for our polycarbonate is 0.37-0.38
- ICC-ES Evaluation Report ESR-2728
- Miami-Dade NOA #12-0605.05
- CPSC 16 CFR 1201 Category I and Category II: Safety Standard for Architectural Glazing Materials
- ANSI Z97.1-2004: American National Standard for Safety Glazing Materials Used in Buildings: Class A
- UL 972: Burglary Resistant Glazing Materials, UL File #BP2126
- UL 94: Flammability, UL File #E351891