KYDEX Thermoplastic Sheet
Kydex® acrylic/pvc alloy is tough, nonporous, noncorrosive, chemical resistant, fire retardant and thermoformable. These plastic sheets have incredible abrasion resistance and virtually no moisture absorption.
Kydex® material comes in standard increments of 48" x 96", and ePlastics® offers cutting into smaller increments for applications that do not require a full sheet or have strict specifications. Standard thicknesses run from 0.028" to 0.500" thick.
Roll stock is available in the thinner grades and can be shipped via Ground Shipping since it rolls into a smaller container. We can special order material that is not shown here.
Each grade is custom suited for your particular application or performance need and is manufactured by SEKISUI Polymer Innovations, LLC under an ISO 9002.
Kydex® plastic is competitive and effective as an alternative to painted metal, fire-retardant ABS, Noryl®, Lexan® (polycarbonate), etc.
- Fire Retardancy
- High Impact Resistance
- Chemical Resistance
Fire Retardancy & Chemical Resistance:
- KYDEX® Sheet complies with Underwriters Laboratories, CSA, Building Code/FAA flammability requirements.
- Its chemical resistance allows use in chemically rich environments. It also makes Kydex® Sheet extremely cleanable because harsh cleaners do not damage the texture or the color of the material.
- Kydex® T is cost competitive with fire retardant ABS/PVC (FR-ABS) formulations but with significantly higher impact strength and extensibility
- Kydex® T is less hygroscopic, it typically does not require pre-drying, offers superior impact, more uniform forming with less wall thinning and offers significantly greater resistance to a broad range of corrosive chemicals and cleaning solutions
- Substitute for FR-ABS sheet with competitive pricing but superior performance
- Higher breakage resistance than competitive thermoplastics as measured by the Notched Izod test
- Available in eight thicknesses from 0.71mm (0.028") and up, in nine textures, a variety of colors, custom blank sizes and low minimums
- Among the most rigid of thermoforming materials with a modulus of elasticity of 2,482 MPa (360,000 psi)
- Easy to form with excellent part definition and deep-draw characteristics
- Kydex® 100 offers high formability, rigidity, breakage resistance, chemical resistance and fire retardancy
- Kydex® 100 is available in a wide range of standard and custom colors, textures, and sheet sizes. It is Underwriters Laboratories, Inc® recognized for UL Std 94 V-0, 5V and has 961 J/m (18 ft-lbs/in) Notched Izod impact resistance
- Good for deep or hard to form parts
- More rigid, parts will deform less when loaded
- High Notched Izod impact resistance offers unsurpassed resistance to breakage
- Meets highest standard for chemical resistance for thermoplastic materials
- Passes UL Std 94 V-0 and 5V in all thicknesses and colors
- Uniform wall thickness and crisp detail
- Easy machining and fabricating using conventional methods and equipment