High Performance Polycarbonate Sheet
Machine Grade polycarbonate sheet comes in various forms, including natural window grade, natural machine grade, black machine grade, and 20% glass fill machine grade. In its natural form, machine grade is a semi-transparent thermoplastic that exhibits extraordinary impact resistance and excellent electrical properties. In addition, its low moisture absorption rate and good chemical resistance make it an extremely versatile engineering material and allows for its use in a multitude of industrial applications.
When ordering natural machine grade, please understand that there are dramatic variations in clarity and transparency between sheets. Some sheets allow very little light through with no clarity. Others are simply window grade that has been downgraded due to scratches or clarity qualification failure, and appear clear. If you are looking for a particular style or clarity of machine grade, please state so in the Order Comments box in your order. We will do the best we can to accommodate all requests. Requests might be limited to current stock, availability, and other factors.
Machine Grade polycarbonate sheet has excellent dimensional stability and good strength and stiffness over a wide range of temperatures. Polycarbonate offers very high impact strength, high modulus of elasticity and a 270ºF (132ºC) heat deflection temperature at 264 psi.
Window Grade (aka Optical Grade) polycarbonate is transparent to the point that it is commonly used for windshields in heavy-duty equipment, such as bulldozers.
Polycarbonate Sheet Stock Features:
- Continuous use temperature of 250 F with very high toughness to -20 F properties
- Easy to machine to close tolerances
- High impact strength and intrinsically flame retardant
- Good electrical insulation
- High mechanical retention at elevated temperatures
- UV-stabilized and meets the requirements of ASTM D3935 PC0136.
- Mechanical grade material with light transmittance of approximately 88%
- Certified and listed with Underwriters Laboratories under UL94 V0 for flammability in thicknesses above .236"/6mm