High Performance Polycarbonate Rod
Machine Grade polycarbonate rod is a semi-transparent thermoplastic that exhibits extraordinary impact resistance and excellent electrical properties. In addition, its low moisture absorption rate and good chemical resistance make it an extremely versatile engineering material and allows for its use in a multitude of industrial applications.
Machine Grade polycarbonate rod has excellent dimensional stability and good strength and stiffness over a wide range of temperatures. Polycarbonate offers very high impact strength, high modulus of elasticity and a 270ºF (132ºC) heat deflection temperature at 264 psi.
Polycarbonate Rod is Sold by the foot. Stock Maximum Single Rod Length: 10ft.
- Polycarbonate Rod Stock Features:
- Continuous use temperature of 250 F with very high toughness to -20 F properties
- Easy to machine to close tolerances
- High impact strength and intrinsically flame retardant
- Good electrical insulation
- High mechanical retention at elevated temperatures
- UV-stabilized and meets the requirements of ASTM D3935 PC0136.
- Mechanical grade material with light transmittance of approximately 88%
- Certified and listed with Underwriters Laboratories under UL94 V0 for flammability in thicknesses above .236"/6mm