Borated Polyethelene Sheet - Neutron Shielding
5% Borated Polyethylene - Best Price and Delivery
With 5% boron by weight and our trademark purple color, Plasti-Shield® 5% Borated Polyethylene is manufactured to meet all applicable applications for industrial use, shielding applications, medical applications (with regards to cancer treatment), vaults, and doors for linear particle accelerators. Borated Polyethylene is effective shielding for support in all areas of security, i.e., seaports, airports, border protection and other applications requiring attenuation of thermal neutrons. The important factor is the Hydrogen Level in the PE. Our 2" & 3" thick have higher levels than the 1".
The borated polyethylene sheet is also certified by prime vendors of the U.S. government as the source for Grade II and Grade III neutron shielding material on nuclear submarines and naval warships. Our process, materials, quality programs, sampling, testing, tracing and packaging all meet or exceed military specifications such as MIL-P23536A and EB2562E. We use MIL_STD_45662 for internal calibration system traceable back to NIST.
|King Plasti-Shield 5%
*Thickness required to attenuate a neutron beam by a factor of 10. m
- Approximate Weight: (lbs/kg)
174 lbs | 78.925 kg
- Sheet Size:(in/mm)
48″ x 96″ | 1219mm x 2438mm
- Standard Sheet Sizes Tolerances Information
Gauges ± 5%, both width and length, plus only at room temperature.
|Tensile Strength @ Yield
|Elongation @ Break
|Heat Deflection Temp.
*All values are determined on specimens prepared according to ASTM Standards.
Nominal values should not be interpreted as specifications.
**King Plasti-Shield® 5% Borated Polyethylene meets or exceed military specifications such as MIL-P-23536A and EB2562E. MIL-STD-45662 is used for internal calibration system traceable back to NIST.**
King Plasti-Shield® has been used as neutron shielding for over 30+ years.
- Our borated polyethylene is the material of choice when it comes to neutron shielding protection.
- Material meets MIL_23536A and EB2562E
- Check for voids and foreign materials using a Fluoroscopic X-Ray machine.
- Capable of performing all packaging and shipping requirements
- Audited by the Navy Nuclear, Electric Boat and Northrup Grumman every 2 years with no findings.
- Perform all making of material for traceability in accordance with MIL-STD-792.
- 100% Visual Inspections are performed on all material.
- Use MIL-STD-45662 for internal calibration system traceable back to NIST.
- 1" thick Plasti-Shield® Industrial Grade borated polyethylene (5%) is in stock. 2" & 3" thick is compression molded in as little as two to three weeks.
- Cutting and machining of borated polyethylene to your specs.