Multiwall Sheets - Lexan Polygal Thermoclear Sheet
• Ridout Plastics is an authorized distributor of Lexan Thermoclear Multiwall polycarbonate sheet and panels, and Polygal multi wall structured polycarbonate sheet. This amazing multiwall polycarbonate sheet, also known as Lexan Thermoclear Multiwall Polycarbonate panels, Verolite or Polygal Multiwall Polycarbonate sheet, offers endless possibilities in architectural applications. Ask about LONG sheets over 20ft!
• Lexan Thermoclear, also known as Verolite in the horticultural markets, is made in a standard 48 foot long sheet in either 48" or 72" widths. You can order ANY length sheet up to the maximum - however sheets over 23ft will require a dedicated truck!
• The most popular profile is a double wall polycarbonate sheet in 6mm thick and there are 3 colors: Clear, Opal White and Solar Bronze. "Hammered Glass" is the new pattern that is modern and great for room dividers or that clean moden architectural look.
• Thickness of 8mm, 10mm are double wall sheet, and the 16mm is a triple wall sheet.
• Polygal has a complete Hurricane Shutter system.
• End Caps and Joining Strips are available to match the color and thickness of the sheets whether double wall or triple wall.
• Please check out the pages here for more detailed information on Lexan Thermoclear structured polycarbonate sheet from Ridout Plastics.
Polygal, Verolite or Lexan Thermoclear is a structured polycarbonate double skin sheet that features:
• Virtually unbreakable
• Easy to fabricate
• Weather resistant
• Excellent thermal insulation properties
• Chemical resistant
• Easy to cold-form into attractive arches
• Commercial and Hobby Greenhouses
• Vertical Glazing (new and retrofit over glazing)
• Sloped glazing and skylights
• Solariums, conservatories
• Barrel Vaults
• Transit Shelters
• Passive Solar-Trombe walls
• P.O.P. Displays
• D.I.Y. Shelters, Canopies, Patio Covers
• Storage Buildings
• Accoustical Shelters
• Recreational Vehicles
• Office Partitions
• Plus- Many More
Also available in triple wall configuration for maximum insulation.
Typical names for this type of material are Lexan Thermoclear, Verolite, Polygal, Palram, Suntuf
Impact Strength and Hail Stones
Lexan Thermoclear sheet has outstanding impact performance over a wide temperature range, -40°C to +120°C, and also after prolonged outdoor exposure.
As a roof glazing material Lexan Thermoclear sheet is subject to extremes of weather; storms, hail-stones, wind, snowfalls and ice formation. Under these conditions, the product is virtually unbreakable and is able to withstand the subsequent temperature change to sunny conditions without breaking or buckling.
In a test developed by the Dutch Testing Institute TNO, samples of Lexan Thermoclear sheet have been subjected to simulated hail-stones of varying diameters without significant damage. A test sample is clamped into a metal frame and polymide balls of varying diameters are fired at the surface of the sample using a pressurized airgun. In practice, hail-stones with a diameter of 20 mm can reach a terminal velocity of around 21 m/s. Under these conditions materials such as glass and acrylic fail.
It should be noted that when the glass and the acrylic are tested their failure characteristics are typically brittle, whilst the Lexan Thermoclear showed ductile behaviour: upon impact the ball will leave indentations but the sheet will not break