Borated Polyethelene Sheet - neutron shielding
5% Borated Polyethylene - Best Price and Delivery
With 5% boron by weight and our trademark purple color, Plasti-Shield® 5% Borated Polyethylene is manufactured to meet all applicable applications for industrial use, medical applications (with regards to cancer treatment) and is effective shielding for support in all areas of security, i.e., seaports, airports, border protection and other applications requiring attenuation of thermal neutrons. The important factor is the Hydrogen Level in the PE. Our 2" & 3" thick have higher levels than the 1".
The borated polyethylene sheet is also certified by prime vendors of the U.S. government as the source for Grade II and Grade III neutron shielding material on nuclear submarines and naval warships. Our process, materials, quality programs, sampling, testing, tracing and packaging all meet or exceed military specifications such as MIL-P23536A and EB2562E. We use MIL_STD_45662 for internal calibration system traceable back to NIST.
• Our borated polyethylene is the material of choice when it comes to neutron shielding protection.
• Makes material that meets MIL_23536A and EB2562E and have quality procedures that meet all requirements of both.
• We only use approved suppliers for all Raw Materials.
• Test for Hydrogen Density to verify correct levels on request.
• Use a Fluoroscopic X-Ray machine to check for voids and foreign materials.
• Capable of performing all packaging and shipping requirements
• Audited by the Navy Nuclear, Electric Boat and Northrup Grumman every 2 years with no findings.
• Perform all making of material for traceability in accordance with MIL-STD-792.
• We supply all Lab Reports and all Certifications.
• 100% Visual Inspections are performed on all material.
• Use MIL-STD-45662 for internal calibration system traceable back to NIST.
• We have systems in place to handle the use of NO-FORN documents and have been approved for use in military critical technical data.
• 1" thick Plasti-Shield® Industrial Grade borated polyethylene (5%) is in stock. 2" & 3" thick is compression molded in as little as two to three weeks.
• Cutting and machining of borated polyethylene to your specs.